When remodeling your bathroom, there are lots of decision to make. One of them is choosing the bathtub! Today, bathtubs come in all shapes, sizes, as well as features, like a bubble tub, a whirlpool, or a jetted tub. There and advantages and disadvantages to having a jetted bathtub.
Bear in mind, there are differences between a bubble tub, a whirlpool tub, and a jetted tub. To help you decide if a luxurious jetted tub is right for you and your family, let’s look at the pros and cons.
Some Pros to having a jetted bathtub include:
- Jetted bathtubs are wonderful to relieve stress and help you relax after a long day. They are also a recommended part of a health or physical therapy routine. Hydrotherapy soothes muscles and joints.
- If you get a high-quality whirlpool bathtub, it may have self-cleaning features. That makes cleaning easy and more convenient. A running water pump can also help reduce bacteria and make it mold resistant.
- Decide how much noise is acceptable to you. Swirling water is not quiet!
- A heating element allows the user to set the water temperature and maintain it during a bath.
Some cons include:
- Jetted tub installation can be involved and expensive.
- Jetted tubs can be slightly more expensive than a whirlpool tub.
- Don’t expect a targeted massage.
- In addition, be aware that a jetted tub may require additional bathroom floor supports.
While bubble tubs are available, whirlpool and jetted are the most popular. A typical jetted tub can cost between $1,000 and more than $5,000 for high-end jetted bathtubs. That doesn’t include the cost of installation. Unless you get a heating element in your jetted tub, electrical and gas energy for heating the tubs could increase your utilities bill. Jetted tubs are usually big and deep and require a lot of water which may also increase your water bill.
A jetted bathtub can be a luxurious and relaxing addition to your bathroom. Once you consider the pros and cons you can make the best decision for your home. For your bathroom remodel and installation of a jetted tub, you need to call a licensed, experienced plumber. Call Fite Plumbing at 317-271-5400 to make an appointment. You can also schedule an appointment on the web. We can help you install that jetted tub!
Are you on Facebook? We are, too. Let’s be friends!